Locally sourced from Waudby Farm in York.
There's nothing more appetising than a traditional Roast Goose any time of the year. With our easy-to-follow recipe you can't go wrong.
- Preheat oven to 180oC, Fan 160oC, Gas Mark 4.
- Remove giblets etc and any spare fat from inside cavity.
- Use the spare fat to spread over the legs of the goose.
- Weigh the goose to calculate the cooking time which is 30 minutes per 1 kg
- Place the goose on a rack in a large roasting tin then prick the skin all over with a fork and rub a teaspoon of salt into the skin
- Cover loosely with foil and place in the middle of the preheated oven.
- Carefully pour off the goose fat occasionally. This can be kept to make roast potatoes
- Remove the foil for the last 30 minutes of cook time. When the cooking time's up, lift the goose on to a carving dish, cover with foil and rest for 20 minutes before carving. This retains more of the juices for a more succulent roast
Free click & collect or local delivery to HG1/HG2 postcodes for £3.