Summer Spanish chicken Stew with Chicken & homemade Chorizo Sausages
- 100g chorizo skinned and sliced
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 each of red and green pepper, diced
- 2 gloves of garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 150g long grain rice
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of tomato purée
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- In a non stick frying pan, dry fry the chorizo sausage with the onion until lightly golden brown. Add the peppers and the chicken and fry until lightly golden, then fry the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the paprika, rice, chicken stock, purée and tomatoes and stir to combine. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce to a simmer and cook very gently for about 25-30 minutes until the rice is just cooked. Serve garnished with lemon wedges and parsley, if liked.