A casserole recipe that is a whole meal you can in one pan - so theres lot of flavour in the dish and very little washing up,
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 12 Thin Pork Sausages
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 4 Carrots
- 2 tbsp of Rapeseed Oil
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 400g chopped Tomatoes
- 400ml Vegtable Stock
- 1/2 Bay Leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees/160 Fan/ Gas Mark 4.Peel the Potatoes and cut into quarters. Peel the Carrots and cut into 4 or 5 even pieces.
- Prick the sausages all over with a fork - this means the sausages won't split as they cook. Heat the oil in a heavy based casserole dish and fry sausages until lightly golden all over, this should take about 10 minutes. Then remove them from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add chopped onion to the casserole dish, then fry on a lower heat until slightly soft, this should take 5 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped potatoes and carrots and give it a good stir.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes, vegtable stock and bay leaves to the dish. Bring to a simmer, return the sausages to the casserole dish. Finally place it in the oven for 45 minutes.