Let the oven do the work for you in this simple and satisfying family meal.
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 4 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Lemon Juice/ finely grated Zest
- 8 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 tsp of dried Oregano
- 200g Baby New Potatoes, larger ones halfed
- 2 Red or Yellow Peppers, roughly cut into 8 pieces
- 2 Red Onions, sliced into chunky wedges
- 100g Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl large enough to take all of the chicken thighs, mix the oil, lemon juice and zest, and the herbs. Using a press, crush in 2 cloves of the garlic and mix together well. With a sharp knife, cut into the fatest part of each chicken thigh, almost down to the bone, then add to the lemony marinade and leave for at least 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees/ Gas Mark 5. Tip the potatoes, peppers, onions, tomatoes and remaing whole cloves of garlic into a wide oven-proof baking dish, then tip over the lemony marinade from the chicken, tossing the veg to coat. Season well, then place the chicken thighs ontop and transfer to the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven, ensuring the potatoes and the chicken thighs are cooked through. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, before serving with a simple green salad and with bready for mopping up the delicious juices.