Pork Fillet with lemon & olive stuffing
The fresh lemon balances the earthy-tasting olives in the stuffing, while adding zesty flavour to the meat and helping to keep it moist.
Cooking Time: 1 Hour 10 minutes
- 500g Pork Fillet
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons, plus 1 whole lemon
- 50g green pitted olives, roughly chopped
- 40g breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C Fan Oven/ Gas 6. Use a little oil to greasethe base of a roasting tin.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the red onion, thyme and garlic over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until the red onion are soft. Tip into a bowl. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, oilves and breadcrumbs.Set aside and cool for 5 minutes.
- Trim any sinew and excess fat from the pork fillet. Make a cut a long its length, about half way through, so you can open it out like a book.
- Stuff with the lemon and olive mixture, then close again. Then secure with string in 5cm intervals.
- Cut the remaining lemon into wedges and place in the roasting tin, with the pork fillet and roast for 45 minutes. Turn the pork fillet over half way through.
- Leave the meat to rest for 10 minutes, then remove the string. Carve the pork into thick slices. Serve with veg of your choice.